Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Looking A Lot Like Christmas!

It's really beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Right now I'm in New Brunswick, Canada, where there's already a few inches of snow on the ground and another couple predicted for tomorrow. Of course there'll be a lot more falling before Christmas, and even more after Christmas, so I'm glad to basically be an indoor dog. It's -10 degrees Celsius outside right now, which Dad says is about 14 degrees Fahrenheit. Either way, that's cold enough to make my trips outside for "business" quite short! On the positive side of the season as an indoor dog, I appreciate the warmth and ready availability of food, family, and toys ... generally in that order ... and of course internet access so I can get this blog out to all of you who are following it. There's also the frequent smell of cookies and other tasty treats wafting from the kitchen and the radio is playing almost all Christmas songs. 

The only downside of that is most of the stations have a single loop of pretty much the same 5 Christmas songs that just play over and over. You know the ones I'm talking about. There's Brenda Lee singing Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, often followed by Gene Autry (the original singing cowboy) doing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, then Burl Ives with the classic Holly Jolly Christmas, Bing Crosby's White Christmas, and finally, of course, the one and only Elvis Presley singing Blue Christmas. So, it gets a bit monotonous ... but it's still good for keeping everyone in the Christmas spirit. 

As I may have mentioned in the introductory issue, Christmas Day is also my birthday! Woof! I'll be 7 this year, though it's hard to believe that many years have rolled by since joining my family. People are always saying a year in a dog's life equals 7 in theirs. Given they're humans who haven't lived a single day as a dog, makes it a little questionable for me. Although, if it's true, I'll only be 3 years younger than Dad in a couple weeks, which I think would make him quite happy. He really acts a lot younger than his age though. I mean the fact he likes to swim and negotiates stairs quite easily makes him a great athlete from my perspective. This whole LetTheBigDogRun.com project also tells me he's still at least young at heart. Just to have the stamina to run a business in today's crazy economy is pretty good evidence. 

Well, I had some time on my paws this morning so I thought I'd send out a little pre-Christmas cheer. Also to let you know ... there's still time to order your dog, and of course your favorite dog-blog author ... a little something special at LetTheBigDogRun.com. 

Just sayin ...

Love,

Buddy



No comments:

Post a Comment