Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Welcome to the Big Dog's Blog!

I've created this new blog to support my Dad's web site, LetTheBigDogRun.com, an online source for great dog merchandise. I think you'll find it significantly different from most of the blogs you come across, however. You see they're usually written by humans ... undoubtedly as a result of their digital dexterity and opposable thumbs ... certainly not any particular intellectual superiority. Humans like to act and sound intellectual, but they often lack plain old common sense! At least my Dad has the common sense to let a dog tell you about dog stuff. Apparently I was his inspiration for this whole online business venture to offer dogs ... especially big dogs ... quality merchandise to make their lives more pleasant. So, I guess that makes me the "Big Dog" where his website is concerned, but please just call me Buddy!

In the months ahead I promise to bring you a variety of useful topics about dogs from a dog's perspective. Hopefully it will help you understand our needs better when it comes to things like health, toys, clothes, and basic equipment. We are a unique niche in the animal kingdom and feel almost as warm and fuzzy about you humans as you do about us. More on that later.

Just a bit about my background so you might get to know me better. Once you know me, you're definitely going to want to spend more time with me. You'll probably bug my Dad to post more pictures of me and tell you more of the stories about our crazy adventures. I was born on Christmas Day in 2009 in Harpursville, New York, at the home of my mid-wife and breeder, Cathy Vavrina. She calls her place Franklin Hill. It's just a few miles northwest of Binghamton, NY. Cathy has been breeding Labrador Retrievers for many years and is truly an expert and conscientious breeder. She interviewed my human parents when they expressed an interest in getting a dog from her, to make sure they were the right kind of responsible dog owners to whom she could entrust one of her dogs. Dad apparently came down initially and met my soon-to-become dog parents, Cargo and Trouble. Cargo (the Sire as we refer to our male parent) is a big Yellow Lab with a broad chest and a very deep voice.  Trouble (the Dam) is a svelte Black Lab who didn't live up to that name. She's retired now as Cathy doesn't breed her female dogs more than two or three times. As I said, she's a very responsible breeder.

                 Cargo (Dad)                                                          Trouble (Mom)            


Cathy (Breeder) and Me at 6 weeks                                                                 Me all grown up


       









Well, that's enough of an introduction for now. We hope you'll return for more information you can use as you live and work with your own dogs. Dad and I hope you'll find education as well as some entertainment in these pieces, so visit us often and don't forget to check out Dad's store at

LetTheBigDogRun.com

Love, Buddy

1 comment: